2008年10月30日木曜日

☆Aloha Festival☆



My group will introduce about Aloha festival. This is a festival in Hawaii. I have never been to Hawaii but I like Hawaii and I'm interested in it . So someday I want to go there.
And I researched about contents of Aloha festival. First of all, this festival is very big because it is held not only a couple of days but also many months. So I was very surprised at first.

Then I would like to introduce about main events. It is parade. The roles of royal family and princess of each islands parade the street with many attendant children. Most attractive thing is parade of women who are called Pa'u Rider. In the old days, when women rode a hose, they wore long skirt called Pa'u and they wore many accessories. So it is called Pa'u Rider. But their running is very first and dynamic, so some women plunge into houses. It is funny. And you don't miss Ho'olaule'a. It is a party that they open stores of Hawaiian foods and crafts and cheerful children dance the hula and live music and so on. In this way Hawaiian people enjoy the performances. And do you know Poke? It is a Hawaiian typical food and it is Hawaiian raw fish with long green onion etc. And it is held Poke contest in Aloha festival. They decide the best of Poke. Sounds interesting. I want to eat it very much.


Lastly, after I research, my interest in this festival has increased. How about you? Do you want to go this festival?


1 件のコメント:

Mai さんのコメント...

I think that Aloha Festival sounds interesting. I want to go this festival.